What is a Retreat
A retreat is not just an escape from reality (noise, responsibilities, town’s pollution, diversion, aggression etc.). Most of us have busy lives that are rushed, confusing, sometimes too challenging and retreat is offering a healthy break within a space away from our everyday lives.
What kind of place is our retreat centre?
Our retreat centre has two main approaches (working on two specialised areas):
- The Medical-Psychological Approach:
- Initial consultation with our physician.
- Psychological evaluation with our senior psychologists.
- If needed, a consultation with our psychiatrist.
- FBC examination / evaluation of anxiety level.
- Planning your personal programme with consultants, excursions, discussion, free time etc.
- However, some people may need medical/psychological attention for that period of time.
- The Spiritual Approach:
- Within this approach, we will give more attention to your spiritual necessities.
- We can give you the chance to visit Greek Orthodox monasteries and churches, see their daily programme, meet, if possible, with monks and nuns and find ways of praying.
- Open discussion with our staff on request.
- For many people a retreat will be an awakening to the presence of God in their lives.
- Everybody needs at some point in his/her life to withdraw temporarily from daily living in order to nourish his/her inner life of the spirit.
What is the programme like?
- Although there is a planned schedule that we believe would help you, you can integrate the plan according to your needs.
- On the first day, you will have a consultation / discussion with one of our senior staff to organise your personal programme.
- It is not compulsory to follow the programme but you need to inform us well in advance for any changes in excursions / other activities (e.g. follow life in a Cypriot traditional village).
- If you decide you want time to relax or time to read you can do so.
How much does it cost?
- Retreats are not a cheap alterative to holidays. It is a programme designed to meet your health and/or mindfulness needs.
- It will depend on how many days you will stay and which approach you will choose to follow.
The Medical-Pschyological Approach:
- Option I for 7 nights
- Option I for 14 nights
- Option I for a month
- Option I for each additional day
The Spiritual Approach:
- Option II for 7 nights
- Option II for 14 nights
- Option II for a month
- Option II for each additional day